PHOTO SEARCHING SOFTWARE

General chat about planes, spotting and the aviation
industry.

Moderators: admin, KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

GM0CSN

PHOTO SEARCHING SOFTWARE

Postby GM0CSN » January 16th, 2015, 10:01 am

Hi All,
I have a large amount of photographs on PC which I have collected over time from publications, internet and photographed myself.
Unfortunately I am now finding with regard to the photographs from publications and the internet, that I am beginning to duplicate myself, e.g. I am downloading photographs from the internet which I have already scanned from publications some time previously, therefore I am having to search through my collection each time which is both time consuming (alhough not randomly stored, the "sub-collections" are still significanlt large) and it is easy in searching the thumbnails in a particular folder to miss the photograph you are checking for.

So my question is, does anyone know of software which would compare a particular photograph (downloaded or scanned) then search for it in a required folder and indicate if found, rather like a graphical equivalent of doing a nomal file search in windows?
I think either Google or Firefox have a similar facility where they can search from a photograph/graphics and provide similar phoographs/graphics, so it appears to be possible.

If you can help i would save me a lot of wasted time and frustration.

Thanks

Robert
73 de Robert Trussler
GM0CSN/2M3RT

Nwyll

Re: PHOTO SEARCHING SOFTWARE

Postby Nwyll » January 26th, 2015, 11:56 pm

Hi,

it has to be tested, but for sorting my photos, I use the Picassa (@ Google) software. It is able to extract some people faces from photos rather good.
Maybe there is an option to sort a full folder (and sub-tree) to find duplicated photos.
Nwyll

GM0CSN

Re: PHOTO SEARCHING SOFTWARE

Postby GM0CSN » February 5th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Thanks Nwyll,
I will give it a try, I feel I have a lot of duplicate photos.
Robert
73 de Robert Trussler

GM0CSN/2M3RT

Return to “Aviation ”