Buying the radio interface License

This forum is for the discussion of the development and use of third-party BaseStation radio interface libraries (.biu files). Kinetic cannot offer support on the use or development of these libraries. (Note:- This forum is *not* for the discussion of the actual use of the radio interface - that should go in the Discussion forum).

Moderators: admin, KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

dogo

Buying the radio interface License

Post by dogo » September 25th, 2006, 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I’m thinking about buying a Icom IC-706mkIIg, which I will interface to the basestation, I know you have to buy the radio interface part, but if I was to have a go writing my own interface. Do I need to buy the interface part.. to get my software to work?

Hope this makes sense

Darren
M3NKX

Mr Phil

Post by Mr Phil » November 14th, 2006, 11:39 pm

Darren

I got myself an Icom Pcr-1000 and I looked it up and yes I think you have to buy the Firmware option, try here:- http://www.hamradio.co.uk/acatalog/SBS- ... ories.html
I think I will
regards
Mr Phil

M1PAC
Last edited by Mr Phil on November 15th, 2006, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KineticWill

Re: Buying the radio interface License

Post by KineticWill » November 15th, 2006, 9:47 am

dogo wrote:Hi all,

I’m thinking about buying a Icom IC-706mkIIg, which I will interface to the basestation, I know you have to buy the radio interface part, but if I was to have a go writing my own interface. Do I need to buy the interface part.. to get my software to work?
It makes sense, and the answer is yes. You need to purchase the radio firmware option to use any radio interface library, regardless of whether or not it is one that you wrote, or that we wrote.
Will Howliston, Kinetic Avionic Products Limited
Lead developer, Basestation software

Mr Phil

Re: Buying the radio interface License

Post by Mr Phil » November 15th, 2006, 11:06 pm

It makes sense, and the answer is yes. You need to purchase the radio firmware option to use any radio interface library, regardless of whether or not it is one that you wrote, or that we wrote.

I agree with will .
Ive just got to do a little bit more , and its realy not that expensive for the firmware option. since Ive bought the SBS-1 I thought I Might as well go the whole Nine meters.

Regards
Mr Phil