UK Waypoints

User-created resources that can help you get more out of your BaseStation software.

Moderators: admin, KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

bones

Re: UK Waypoints

Postby bones » December 15th, 2013, 2:12 pm

The code for the Intersections is no different from the code used for other waypoint files.

For airfields and navaids the code allows two lines of data to be displayed. One is for the full facility name and one for the facility code. As intersections have no facility name but code only the first field is empty and only the second is populated. I wonder if, somehow, your display is only showing the first line of data.

There is one other factor. Text data on screen doesn't change in size as you zoom in and out. To avoid screen saturation at higher zoom levels the data is gated. For example minor airfields, disused airfields, parachute sites, microlight sites and gliding sites only appear if you set zoom to 75 or less. Similarly intersections are gated at 150nm otherwise the screen fills with overlapping text around most TMA's.

ICONGEO

Postby ICONGEO » December 15th, 2013, 8:12 pm

Further to this.

I attempted to reload BS with a view perhaps to clearing some kind of problem with displaying waypoints.

After I reinstalled it, I went back to the ADlite program and......It wont connect to the external server. (My internet connection is fine).
Tried to reinstall that.....still wont connect.
So now it is not possible for me to download any files waypoint or otherwise and I am left with just a black screen.

Basically, you couldn't make it up and I believe that I have finally been beaten into submission. I give up with this, it doesn't work.

ICONGEO

Postby ICONGEO » December 16th, 2013, 4:35 pm

Whizzo. The problem with the intersections was as you said, the gating. Below 150nM scale all the intersections appear.
All is looking fine.

Due to the number of times I have reinstalled the waypoints and outlines, I am now missing some of the outline files, such as the upper airways files.
Given that I can no longer make ADlite work (will not connect to external server), is there anywhere else that I can find these files?

Also, whilst I seldom use it, I now find that base station reporter is no longer working. It will load but does not pick up any aircraft/flights from BS.
I have been unable to find any basestation SQB file, so I assume that this is why it is not working?

Possibly this has been erased by ADLite? I have attempted to use the original CD to "repair" the installation but it did not appear to help.
No idea why everything seems to be falling apart here, the BS and reporter has been fine until the recent crash I experienced after running SBS Resources.

Should I uninstall/reinstall again, or is there a less invasive method of fixing the reporter database?

bones

Postby bones » December 16th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Send me a PM with the files you need and I'll send them directly to you.

Don't reinstall BS. If no SQB file exists Basestation automatically creates a new one when it starts up. The problem may be that Reporter isn't finding it..

ICONGEO

Postby ICONGEO » December 18th, 2013, 7:05 pm

Sent you a PM this evening with my e-mail. Thanks in advance.
I cant find the SQB file myself.....Where should it normally be within BS?

Return to “Resources”